Flow-Rate Indicator | Similar to our Pearl 2021, the Flow-Rate Indicator is an LED bar on the top of the display. It helps you visualize your espresso flow-rate in real time and spot channeling during brewing. The indicator measures flow-rate with lit LEDs starting from 0.1 g per second on the left to 3.4 g per second on the right. During an espresso brew, the Flow-Rate Indicator will display the highest peak flow-rate of this brew with a single bright LED.
The Flow-Rate Indicator can be activated in Dual Display Mode, Timer Starts with Flow Mode, Auto-Tare Timer Starts with Flow Mode, Auto-Tare Auto-Start Timer Mode, and Auto-Tare Mode.
LED Display | Both the Lunar and Lunar 2021 have 8 digit LED displays. However, the Lunar 2021 has several new indicators, including the option of a real-time flow-rate ‘line’ at the top of the display. See below for more information.
USB Charging Port | The original Lunar has a mini USB charging port and the Lunar 2021 has a USB-C charging port.
Brightness Setting | The user has the ability to adjust the brightness of the display on the Lunar 2021 through the settings menu.
Tare Save | If you have a frequently used container in your weighing workflow, you can save the weight of the container using the Tare Save function. This will allow you to weigh the container with contents, then trigger Tare Save to deduct the container weight and obtain the net weight.
Updated Espresso Brewing Summary | In all Auto Modes (including Auto-Tare Mode), when brewing is complete and the cup is removed from the scale, the display will flash to show the final beverage weight and the average flow rate of the brewing.
Pour Over Auto Start Mode | In a firmware update, the Lunar 2021 gained a new mode. In Pour Over Mode (Mode 7), when the scale detects the flow of water into the vessel, the timer starts. The timer stops when the brewing equipment is removed from the scale. The mode detects the flow from a kettle rather than the trickle of espresso. The Flow-Rate Indicator is also modified to suit pour over brewing. Each dot represents 0.2 g/s, and the final 3 dots indicate 8.0 g/s, 10.0 g/s, and 12.0 g/s.
Several New Indicators | Charging / Low Battery Indicator. This indicator turns on when the battery is charging and turns off once the battery is fully charged. The indicator starts flashing when the battery power is low as a reminder to charge the scale.
* Note: The Lunar 2021 is equipped with charging protection to prevent the battery from charging under high temperatures. It is normal if the scale does not charge when the surface is hot from brewing coffee. Battery charging function will be enabled once the scale has cooled.
- Bluetooth Connection Indicator – This indicator turns on when the scale is connected to Acaia Apps.
- Weight Stable Indicator – This indicator turns on when the weight is stable.
- Weighing in Ounces / Data Transmitting Indicator – This indicator turns on when the weighing unit is in ounces. The indicator also lights up during software update to indicate data transfer.
- Button Pressed Indicator – This indicator turns on when a button is pressed